Tax Help, Forms, & Information
Every year volunteers from the AARP assist people (by appointment, no charge) in preparing and filing their taxes.
2018 Schedule: Wednesdays, 10-5 pm, February 7-April 11.
- Appointments required; spaces fill quickly.
- Location: Lower Level meeting room, Lafayette Public Library
How to Sign up
- Register online at https://cotaxaide.org/appt/
- Or, if you do not have online access, contact Library staff at 303-661-1163, or 303-665-5200 (option 2) or stop by the upper level Adult Services desk.
Bring to Your Appointment
- Photo ID (required) Social Security Cards for anyone listed on the tax return (required)
- All income statements (W2, 1099s, SSAs, Brokerage Statements, etc.)
- Medical information including insurance information. Information for deductions (mortgage interest, property tax, gifts to charities, etc.)
Pick up Forms
Every year, the IRS sends a selection of forms (and some instructions) for distribution. This page will be updated if we run out, or add more.
IRS Notice 1437 (February 2018)
The IRS is reviewing The Bipartisan Budget Act enacted on February 9, 2018, that retroactively extended and modified numerous tax provisions covering 2017. As most tax forms were printed for distribution prior to the signing of new legislation, we recognize this may impact some tax forms ordered. To ensure you have the latest version of the tax product, we strongly encourage you to visit IRS.gov for updates on the implementation of this law. Updated versions of tax forms will only be available on IRS.gov.
Available in the Lobby (as supplies last) - Updated 2/20/18
- Colorado Department of Revenue Form 104 (instruction and form combined in a booklet)
- 1040 (form and instructions)
- 1040EZ (form and instructions)
- 1040 A (instructions only as of 2/16 but form may be printed or copied)
Expected, but NOT YET AVAILABLE:
- 1040A (form)
- A binder is available with other common forms for patrons to use for self-serve copies (10 cents/pg). There are also library copies of instructions and the 2017 Tax Guide.
- Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040X
- Schedules: A, B, C, C-EZ, D, EIC, SE
- Forms 2441, 8962, 8965
Forms and Instructions can be downloaded year round from the IRS.
Order Forms & Instructions by Mail
- Order Online: www.irs.gov
- Order by Phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).
IRS and State of Colorado Service Locations
Colorado IRS website
Denver, CO 80202
Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Colorado Dept. of Revenue Taxation Division Website
Denver Service Center
1375 Sherman St., Denver, CO 80261
Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm