Waste Reduction Advisory Committee
The Waste Reduction Advisory Committee (WRAC) strives to promote waste reduction through the following objectives:
- To achieve and maintain fiscal independence by obtaining business sponsorships at events, city funding, and/or grant funding
- To become and stay involved with local and national networks (like Eco-Cycle, Sierra Club, and Grassroots Recycling)
- To facilitate and promote waste reduction in the community; this involves expanding waste reduction (recycling / composting) programs and facilities in both the public and private sectors
- To increase the use of recycled and environmentally-friendly products in the city, county, and state establishments as well as increase the convenience and availability of recycled materials in the community; increase the use of post-consumer products like using recycled paper and increase the recycling of cans, paper, and plastics at city and county facilities
- To maintain recycling availability, visibility, and education at community events and to continue to increase the zero-waste status of these events
- To provide waste reduction and energy reduction education at community events
- 1st Thursday of each month
- Public Library Conference Room
775 W. Baseline Rd.
Lafayette, CO 80026
The Waste Reduction Advisory Committee invites you to apply for membership. Please return the completed application to Douglas Short at the City of Lafayette Public Works Department at 1290 South Public Road, Lafayette, CO 80026. For more information contact staff liaison Douglas Short at 303-661-1282.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are also available.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
Draft Minutes are also available.
|Name||Title||Term Ending Date|
|Laura Estle||Chair||September 2016|
|Matt LeBeau||Board Member||April 2017|
|Rebecca Tyer||Board Member||September 2016|
|Alexis Bullen||Board Member||June 2019|
|Adam Gianola||Board Member||July 2019|
|Kathy Wertz||Alternate||July 2019|
|Julie Klein||Alternate||July 2019|
|Stephanie Walton||Council Liaison||November 2017|
|Douglas Short||Staff Liaison|