One Lafayette Now Accepting Applications
One Lafayette Community Fundraiser 2016 Now Accepting Applications
Please note new application deadline: Friday, July 29, 2016, by 5 pm
Groups may now apply for funding from One Lafayette; either as an Essential Community Resource (ECR) or as a Special Program Grant.
Apply Now Annually, One Lafayette disburses the funds that have been collected from donations and the contribution from the Lafayette City Budget. Organizations wishing to be considered for grant funding from One Lafayette must complete an online application and fit the following criteria:
- Must be a certified IRS 501 (c)(3) non profit group
- Must serve Lafayette residents
- Provide the One Lafayette coordinator with a current list of Board of Directors, active volunteers and key officers
- Provide the One Lafayette coordinator with a copy of their financial statement for the most recently completed fiscal year.
Groups applying for funding from the One Lafayette Community Fundraiser may apply for status as an Essential Community Resource (ECR) or they may apply for a Special Program Grant. ECRs will split a percentage of the One Lafayette Community Fundraiser proceeds, with the remainder of the money raised being awarded for Special Program Grants. Groups may apply either for ECR status or a Special Program Grant, not both.
Organizations that are awarded funding based on being an ECR apply once every three years. During the three years after being certified as an ECR the non-profit is asked to document certain basic facts (i.e., they are still located in Lafayette, are still performing the same basic types of services, they are still a registered non-profit, etc.). At the end of the three years the group will need to re-apply for their ECR status.
Status as an ECR is awarded to groups that most closely fit the following criteria:
- Organization is physically located in Lafayette
- Organization’s clientele is made up of primarily Lafayette residents
- Organization’s mission is primarily devoted to aiding people in emergency or critical situations, such as families or individuals in need of food, medical or housing assistance.
- Organization works to support self sufficiency for adults through employment training, transportation or in-home services
- Organization does not receive any additional funds from City budget and has not in the previous budget cycle.
Applications are due by 5 pm, Friday, July 29, 2016
Applications must be submitted online only.
Pam Spring, Human Resources Director