May 13, 1893; Dedication of the Congregational Church
Lafayette’s first church, the Congregational Church, was dedicated on May 13, 1893. Mary Miller fronted $3,000 to construct the church and paid the minister’s salary. The building exists today at it's original location 300 E. Simpson Street. It is now known as the Mary Miller Theater and is home to The Theater Company of Lafayette.