Book Group Information
Library-Sponsored Book Discussion Groups
- Lafayette READS! is a quarterly reading and discussion group, under the umbrella of Lafayette Public Library. We select fiction and nonfiction books that are not only great reads, but that are relevant to today’s issues.
- On The Same Page is an annual community read, where members of Lafayette, Louisville, and Superior all read the same book. A new book is chosen each summer, with book discussions and performances held in the fall.
- READs and Treats: an Unbook Club, meets occasionally around town or at the Library. Discuss what you've been reading, watching or listening to with new friends. With no set book to read, this club is open to everyone and all about talking about genres, authors, books vs movie, bestsellers, current music, and films. Library staff will bring some of the newest titles to share as well. The location varies. Watch for meeting dates on the Library calendar.
- Sign up (or unsubscribe) for the email list about upcoming Library-sponsored book talks or author events.
Independent Book Groups
These groups meet at the Library or other community locations, and are open to the public. New members are welcome. Most meetings can be found on the Lafayette Library Calendar. Questions? Call the contact person listed below.
|Last Word Book Club||Library||Monthly: First Wednesday at 11:30 am||Frances, 303-666-7556|
|Newcomer's Book Club||Library||Monthly: First Wednesday at 10 am||Judy, 303-325-7862|
|Lafayette Book Club||Varies||Contact for details||517-927-8748|
|Friday Morning Book Club||Lafayette Senior Center||Monthly: First Friday at 9 am||Heide, 303-661-1491|
|Murder Mystery Book Club||Lafayette Senior Center||Monthly: First Friday at 10 am||Heide, 303-661-1491|
Start a New Group
- Meet at the Library!
- Book groups are independently run; the Library cannot provide staff assistance for book groups.
- Groups open to the public may use the Library conference room (capacity: 36) free of charge.
- Groups closed to the public are welcome, and may rent the conference room for $20/hr.
- If you have no need of Library space, you may still take advantage of the resources listed below.
- Complete the interest form if you would like your group to meet at the Library
Resources for any Book Clubs
- Book Group to Go Kits. Each kit contain 10 copies of a title, discussion questions, author information, and more great ideas for your group. Groups do not have to meet at the Library to check out the kits. Check-out time for the kits is typically 6 weeks (verify with staff when you check out!).
- Colorado State Library Book Group Resource: fantastic free service with a frequently updated website with ideas for titles and kits available to borrow.