Tax Help, Forms, & Information
Every year volunteers from the AARP assist people (by appointment, no charge) in preparing and filing their taxes.
Update on 2019 Schedule: FULL
To inquire about cancellations, call 303-661-1163 or visit https://cotaxaide.org/appt/. The Library is unable to place anyone on a wait list.
If you were scheduled for an AARP tax appointment on Wednesday, March 13 that was cancelled due to the weather, you will be contacted directly by the AARP to reschedule on a new day. The AARP has opened new time slots to accommodate those who were scheduled. The Library is not able to do any rescheduling for you or provide AARP contact information.
Update: Many locations are FULL. Use the tax locator tool to find additional locations.
AARP Tax Aide Locator tool (call locations to confirm as dates may change or show last year's dates)
Alternate Resources or Providers
VITA/IRS Tax Prep - Drop in, no appointments needed or taken
- CU Boulder - Saturdays 9-1 and Wednesdays 5-7 thru April 10
Koelbel Building, Rm. 375 995 Regent Drive (across from the Event Center; Free Parking Garage at Regent Drive)
- VITA at Longmont - Wednesdays and Thursdays 6-8:30 pm, Saturdays 9 am - 1 pm. Location: 2050 Terry St., Suite 101.
Find other VITA/IRS sites; VITA Free Tax Help Locator
Tax Help Colorado (Piton)
Pick up Forms
Every year, the IRS sends a selection of forms (and some instructions) for distribution. Once available, they will be on a table in the Lobby on the main level of the Library.
New this year, per IRS site: For Tax Year 2018, you will no longer use Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ, but instead will use the redesigned Form 1040. Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.
Located in the Lobby
- 1040 Booklet - includes new 1040 form, and schedules 1-6. Does not include instructions or other schedules.
- 1040 Instruction Booklet
- State of Colorado (booklet includes instructions and forms)
- Intake Form for those attending AARP Tax Help sessions: Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet
- Binder with other common forms for patrons to use for self-serve copies (10 cents/pg). We typically will have Library copies of instructions and the Tax Guide.
Forms and Instructions can be downloaded year round from the IRS.
- Federal Forms - 2018 (once available), 2017 and Prior Years
- State Forms - Colorado
- State Forms - Other States
Order Forms & Instructions by Mail
- Order Online: www.irs.gov
- Order by Phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).
IRS and State of Colorado Service Locations
Colorado IRS website
Denver, CO 80202
Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Colorado Dept. of Revenue Taxation Division Website
Denver Service Center
1375 Sherman St., Denver, CO 80261
Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm