Lafayette Youth Poetry Prize
The Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission and ARTS!Lafayette are proud to present
In response to the COVID-19 Crisis, entries will be accepted until April 6. Email preferred! All in person events canceled.
Call for entries
Youth entries may be made in two language categories (English and Spanish) for three grade categories (K-3, 4-5, 6-8)*. Cash prizes will be awarded for winning poems in each language. 1st place $25; 2nd place $20; and 3rd place $15. A grand prize of $50 will be awarded for an English and a Spanish poem.
- Poets must live or attend school in Lafayette, Colorado.
- Entries must be received by Monday April 6, 2020; 5:00 pm
- Entries are limited to two poems per poet. An entry form must be attached to each poem submitted.
- If you are a teacher submitting work on behalf of students, please pre-screen poems and submit no more than five entries per age group for each language.
- Please be sure to follow the directions on the application form to insure that judging is blind.
- For complete information and entry form: English Spanish
- Tips for how to write a poem with your child
- Email your poem and entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or Mail your poem and entry form to The Collective; 201 N. Public Rd. Lafayette. CO 80026
FREE Poetry Reading and Awards Ceremony - CANCELED due to public health safety
Prizes will still be awarded!! Don’t miss out!!
A note about Michael Adams:
Michael Adams was a founding board member of ARTS!Lafayette and longtime member and chair of Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission as well as a talented poet. He had a passion for poetry, the arts and community. He was an intelligent, thoughtful and guiding force for many. He had a huge heart and was a stellar volunteer. He lost his life to cancer in September 2013; this contest is held in his honor.