Borrowing & Fees
The Lafayette Public Library is a member of the Flatirons Library Consortium. Learn about FLC benefits and details.
- 3 weeks: Books, DVDs (multiple-disc), Books on CD, Children’s Book Kits, Launchpad Tablets, Magazines, Graphic Novels, Music CDs, Nook Ereaders
- 1 week: DVDS (single-disc), State Park Passes
- 8 weeks: Book Group to Go Bags
- 2 hours: in-Library use of iPads
FLC Libraries - Chart of borrowing details for each FLC Library
- Most items from Lafayette and other FLC libraries renew automatically (up to 2 additional times) when no other patron has requested them.
- Lafayette Lucky Day items (and select items from other FLC libraries) do not renew.
Fines & Fees
Other FLC Libraries: Chart of fee details for each FLC Library
- No fines for overdue items (as of January 1, 2020). Learn more about why we went fine free!
- Items not returned, or damaged, incur replacement charges. (We do not accept a duplicate item as a replacement.)
- 2 weeks after an item is due: account is blocked until item is returned or replacement cost paid
- 4 weeks after an item is due: replacement cost is added to patron account and patron is notified.
- 8 weeks after an item is due: outstanding accounts of $25 or more sent to collection agency, and an additional $10 processing fee is added to the patron account.
How to Pay Outstanding Fines & Fees
- At the front desk with cash, credit card, or check
- Over the phone with a credit card: Call 303-665-1161
- By mail with a check: Lafayette Public Library, 775 W. Baseline Road, Lafayette, CO 80026
- Payment/borrowing details for other FLC Libraries:
Returning Library Materials
Return to outdoor bookdrop in the parking lot, or to the indoor book return slot (to right when you enter):
- Lafayette-owned items: Books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and magazines
- Items from FLC libraries: Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Louisville and Loveland. (Items from any of these libraries will be checked in at the library where they are returned and delivered back to their home library.)
Return the following to the Lobby Circulation Desk:
- Book Group to Go kits and Children’s Book Kits
- Nooks, Power Meters, Launchpad Tablets
- Bookdrops are LOCKED when the Library will be closed for a holiday or other reason. No items will be overdue and no fines will be charged during these times.
- Bookdrops remain open overnight during non-holiday periods.