Renew or Hold
Most items will renew automatically unless another customer has placed holds, or if overdue materials have not been returned.
How do I renew my items?
- Online. Log on to your account with your Library card number. Under "Checked Out Items," select Renew All, or check the box next your checked-out item and then click Renew Selected Items.
- Call us at 303-665-5200. (Leave your name, library card number, and the item you wish to renew.)
- At the Library - ask at any service desk, or access your account at the Express Check machines in the Lobby or Kid Zone.
- Via text: if you sign up for library texts, you may text the code RA to renew all items or RL to get a list of items to renew.
How do I request a hold on an item?
- Log on to your account
- Search the catalog for the item, select the title, and then select the button Place a Hold
- Use the dropdown options to indicate where you would like to pick up your items. Lafayette cardholders may place holds through the catalog on materials from Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Loveland, and Louisville; items will be delivered for free to the Lafayette Library by courier.
- Click on Submit Hold Request.
How will I know my requested items are ready?
- You will be notified by email or phone (and, if you have signed up, via text) when your items are ready. Your online account will also show Ready for Pickup in the Holds area.
- They will be on the Hold shelf in the Lobby under your last name for 7 days after you are notified.
Can I freeze or cancel my holds?
- Yes! Go to your account online, click on Holds panel, and on the right of the item, click Cancel or Freeze and follow the prompts.