Request New Item
COVID-19 Closure Update
During our health closure, we are unable to accept requests for items from other FLC Libraries, Prospector or Mobius Libraries, or new purchase requests.
Lafayette cardholders may place holds on Lafayette items for Curbside Holds Pickup starting June 1.
How do I request an item from another Library?
- You may use the catalog to place holds to borrow from other libraries in the Flatirons Library Consortium (FLC): Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Louisville and Loveland.
- You may place up to 50 holds on items from Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Louisville and Loveland, and request that your items be delivered to the Lafayette Library for you. This is all done directly in your library account in the integrated Flatirons Library Consortium catalog.
How do I request something that is not in the Lafayette/FLC catalog?
Use Prospector or Mobius to search public and academic libraries in Colorado and surrounding states
- After doing any search in our Catalog, scroll to bottom of screen and select the Find More Results in Prospector button.
- That button launches your search in Prospector, displaying results from all of the other affiliated libraries. If you still don’t see what you need, there is a button your left to run the search again in Mobius.
- To request an item, select button “Request It” when you find the item.
- Enter your name and library card number, and select Alliance: Lafayette Public Library from the drop-down list. We will call or email when your item is delivered here.
- Check on your item: log into your library account, and you will see the request in your list of holds.
Still can’t find it?
- Fill out the online New Item Request Form. We will try to find it through Interlibrary Loan or by purchasing a copy.
- Stop by any service desk and fill out a purple request slip.
- Call 303-661-1162.