Join the Urban Renewal Authority (LURA)! To apply, read all the position information on this page, and submit your application, resume, and a letter of interest.
- Deadline: June 5, 2019 by 3:00 p.m.
- Applications will be reviewed by the nominating committee. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- Apply online now (resume/letter will need to be in PDF format to upload)
- Or, download the printable application: return it, along with your resume and letter, to Roger Caruso/LURA at the Administration Dept., 1290 S. Public Road, Lafayette, Colorado 80026 (fax: 303-665-2153).
The Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority (LURA) is the public entity to affect revitalization and redevelopment in the downtown area. The authority works in partnership with property owners to improve existing structures, bring new commercial and mixed-use development to raw land within the blighted area, and prevent deterioration of properties within the area.
- The seven members serve three-year terms. There are two alternates.
- Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the Aspen Room at City Hall (2nd Floor).
- Additional meeting may be held on the fourth Tuesday of the month.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
Applicants are advised to review:
Contact Staff Liaison
For more information, contact LURA Director Roger Caruso (phone: 303-661-1262).
Requirements & Duties
- Registered voter
- Attend scheduled meetings
- May be required to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
About the Process
The City of Lafayette posts candidate applications (with personal information redacted) online after the deadline for a position has passed. Full applications and supplemental documents (such as resumes) are available from the City Clerk according to the Colorado Open Records Act.
View redacted applications for recently closed positions (as available)