Computer Lab & Equipment
- Residents of places outside Colorado
- Located in the Computer Lab on the Lobby level behind the circulation desks.
- Library cards and computer use cards are free. Children and teens do not need an adult present to obtain a computer-only card.
- Colorado residents must obtain their own computer-only or borrowing card; out-of-state residents may ask for a guest pass.
- iPads to use within the Library may be checked out from the upstairs Adult Services desk for 2 hours. Learn more.
- If you need to leave your computer, lock your station using your on-screen session toolbar.
- Sessions are first come, first served, and last 1 hour. If there are several free computers, you time will automatically be extended into the next hour. Users may have up to 3 hours per day.
- Save your work! Library staff cannot retrieve lost files. Memory drives are available to purchase for $3.50.
- Users must adhere to Internet Policy and Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- You must use your own card or guess pass; use of another person's card will result in termination of your computer session.
- Lobby Lab is for adults 17 or older, or younger children if accompanied by an adult who remains in the lab. Children under 17 must request a guest pass as kid and teen card numbers will not work in the lab. Additional computers for children and teens only are located on the top level in the Kid Zone and Teen Zone.
- Staff and volunteers can provide basic help with computer, e-reader, and other tech issues. View Computer Coach hours | Use online skill-building and test prep resources.
- Viewing of material inappropriate for a public place will result in a termination of your computer session and could result in a longer ban from computer use.
Computer Area Expectations
- No more than two people per computer
- No food at the computers; COVERED drinks allowed
- Use headphones at a volume that is not disruptive to others.
- Consider the people around you and keep conversations and telephone call quiet.
- To print, add money to your Library card at any service desk. B/W prints: 10 cents/page; Color prints: 25 cents/page.
- To scan, you may use either the scan station or the copy machine in the Lobby-level Computer Lab. Scanning with either machine is free.
- To make copies, use the copy machine in the Lobby-level Computer Lab. Copies are 10 cents/page.
- NO FAX MACHINE (ask staff for other locations with this service)
- Flash drives for saving work are available for purchase for $3.50
- Enlarger for magnifying printed reading material (upstairs near vending machine)
- Nook ereaders, pre-loaded with ebooks, available for checkout (on display in the Lobby)
- Launchpad Tablets (with preloaded games and apps) are available for checkout
- Microfilm reader (located in the Nonfiction area in the Archives: ask staff for assistance)
- Vending machine with drinks and snacks (top level near magazines)
- Use your own device; no password required.
- Connect to Lafayette Public Library Guest; launch browser window; accept terms and conditions.
- LPL does not provide security or virus protection.
- LPL is not responsible for damages due to incorrect or insufficient security or virus protection settings.
- A laptop and device charging counter is located on the top level near the vending machine.
Wireless printing is available from your own computer or mobile device. You must be hooked up to the Library's WiFi in order to print, even if you have cellular data.
- B/W prints: 10 cents/page; Color prints: 25 cents/page.
- Send your documents to a printer: 1st Floor (IP 192.168.1.100) or 2nd Floor ( IP 192.168.1.200)
- Pay for and pick up your prints from the staff person at the service desk on the level with the printer you selected.
- Get help with wireless printing