The Collective ~ Community Arts Center
- October 3 - November 10: Dia de los Muertos
- October 4; 6 - 8 pm: Viva Arts presented by Colectivo Cultura, featuring live music by Cachivache,
- Free activities and events throughout the month!
- November 1; 6 - 8 pm: Viva Arts Celebrate Dia de los Muertos with dance performances, food and music
- Unoccupied: The Importance of Negative Space and exhibit of quilts by the Boulder Modern Quilt Guild
- November 15, 6 - 8 pm: Opening Artist Reception. Light food, wine for purchase.
Come to the Collective Community Arts Center 6 - 8 pm for Viva Arts, the First Friday cultural series. Enjoy a night of FREE music , performance, light food and community. Wine for purchase.
Join us to meet artists, listen to live music, enjoy some delicious food and see the exhibit. Wine for purchase.
- November 1, 6-8 pm - Viva Arts/ Dia de los Muertos Closing Reception
Join us for our closing celebration! Lively traditional dance by Latir de Mexico and Mayan dance by Balam Na. Enjoy the bright costumes and energetic dancing of these local troupes, which celebrates Mexican and Mayan heritage. Dancers will several times throughout the evening. Free and open to the public. Wine available for purchase. At The Collective 201 N. Public Rd. Sign up required for face painting.
December 6, 6 - 8 pm - Cookies and Caroling
Join us for some holiday cheer. Cookies and Caroling. Sing along if you choose. Wine for purchase.
January - No Viva Arts in January
Gallery ~ Events ~ Programs
201 North Public Road
SUN: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
TUE: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm *
WED: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
THU: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
FRI: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm (Open until 8 pm on First Fridays for Viva Arts Events)
SAT: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Hours subject to change
* Closed on the following Tuesdays for art installations: 4/30, 6/25, 8/20, 10/1, 11/12
Historic neon sign replica installed at The Collective
December marked the latest historic pursuit in Old Town with the installation of an updated version of an iconic neon sign that once hung at 201 N. Public Road. Efforts to further recapture the full impact of the building’s historic façade by incorporating a replica of the “Coors on Tap” neon sign came to fruition this winter. The Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority commissioned the reproduction sign with a twist, one that incorporated the words “Arts on Tap” to creatively promote the new community arts center.
At The Collective, visitors engage in the arts through various exhibits, historic displays, networking opportunities, arts business development, social themes, lectures, film series, and other arts & culture programs.
Visitors come together to express and celebrate the community’s identity through art. The center’s concept will continue to evolve over time through participant input and public engagement.