After School Care (B.A.S.E)
The Bob L. Burger After School Enrichment Program (B.A.S.E.) enhances our community and enriches the lives of children in the City of Lafayette by providing a fun, safe, structured environment that supports overall health and well being.
Our program serves children in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade at the following schools; Lafayette Elementary, Pioneer Elementary, Ryan Elementary, Peak to Peak Elementary, and Sanchez Elementary. In order for staff to transport children from their school to the Bob L. Burger Recreation Center, we must have a minimum of 5 children enrolled from that school.
This program will run in accordance with the BVSD school calendar. We offer a Full Day program when students are out of school from 7:30AM - 6PM.
This on-site, state licensed, after school program offers quality educational, recreational, and cultural programs that support the social, physical, intellectual, and emotional development of children.
Fall 2020 BASE Program Options
Minimum enrollment is required for the program to operate.
- We will be following all county, state, and local COVID-19 safety guidelines including, but not limited to:
- Face coverings required to be worn for those ages 11 and older.
- Physically distanced, and outdoor play will be used to enhance the safety of activities.
- Emphasis on limiting shared equipment, with cleaning, and disinfecting of any shared supplies between use.
- Curbside drop off and pick up procedures will be implemented.
- BASE participants can be bussed from Lafayette Elementary, Ryan Elementary, and Peak to Peak Charter School to the Rec Center. Pioneer Elementary students will be escorted from the school to the rec center.
- Students will be spread out on the bus. Masks will be required on the bus and staff will disinfect the busses between riders.
- Our programs continue to be licensed from CDHS and will follow all the regulations.
- Curriculum will include, but will not be limited to, arts and crafts, homework help, STEM, active play, and swimming.
- Fees and schedules are subject to change, and we are prepared to adjust accordingly should BVSD move into another learning Phase.
- We follow a 1:15 CDHS staff to child ratio and capacity is limited, so register early.
- Registration is currently open.
Fees and Hours of Operation
- Program will run from school dismissal to 6pm, Monday-Friday.
- 5 days per week= $361 per child/month
- 4 days per week= $326 per child/month
- 3 days per week= $260 per child/month
- If you need less then 3 days per week, please contact Becca Mack for accommodations.
Important Registration Information
Our online system is being updated, and is currently unavailable for BASE registration. To register, please follow the steps below:
- The registration form can be found on the links to the left. Please download the form.
- Bring your completed registration form with attached payment (cash, check) in person to the Bob Burger Recreation Center. Registration forms will also be available at the Front Desk, and will need to be completed.
- If paying with credit or debit card, our helpful front desk staff will process your payment when you turn in the completed registration form.
- Upon turning in the form and paying, your child will be added to the program for which you registered. If your child is placed on a waitlist, no payment will be taken. If space becomes available those on waitlists will be contacted and payment will be taken at that time.
- Be sure your completed registration form includes your email address so that you can be contacted for program updates.
- Full payment is required at the time of registration for the first month of care. A payment schedule will be determined at a later date for future enrollments.
- Cancellation Policy: A non-refundable cancellation fee will be collected at the time of cancellation. This cancellation fee of $100 one-time fee for BASE will be charged if 3 weeks’ notice is not given.