How to Use Beanstack
Log in to your Lafayette Beanstack account
- You are now in the dashboard of the last reader on your account who logged any activity. To switch readers, click on the Change Readers icon in the upper right. Use Settings to add a reader, change password, etc.
- This page has details on how to complete the program, important dates, and snapshots of your progress and badges earned (badges are gray until you complete them).
Track your Reading
Use the green button. Log for a specific reader, or select All Readers to apply the time to the whole family or group.
What to Log
Depending on which program you are enrolled in, you will either see Minutes or Activities or both, and you can add to one profile, or to all eligible readers.
- Babies – Preschoolers: Activities (read, sing, play, write, talk). 1 activity = 1 point; prizes at registration, 10, 20, 30, 40 points
- Kids – grades K-5: Minutes - prizes at registration, 300, 600, 900, 1200
- Teens – grades 6-12: Minutes - prizes at registration, 300, 600, 900, 1200
- Adults – 18+: Any combination of Minutes and Activities – Do 1 activity or 30 mins to earn 1 point. Each point up to 40 is an entry in drawings for prizes. Coupon prizes at registration, 10, 20, 30, 40 points.
- Day (You may use actual date read, or the day you are doing the logging.)
- Enter Time Spent Reading. (Start typing minutes or hours: the system will convert to minutes.)
- If you like, add Title, Author and/or Reviews. These are optional. Once approved, reviews will be visible to you and others.
- Click on Green Log button to finalize!
- Go up to Settings and sign out
Register as an individual or family or Group
A family account is simply a shared login using one email, and simplifies adding time to multiple readers' programs. Your teen (grade 6 and up) may prefer an individual account, but will need their own email to do so.
Individual: Select “I am registering myself.”
- Only use this option if you have your own email, and do not want to be part of a family account.
- You will log in and track independently of anyone else in your family.
- An individual account can’t be added to an existing family account without losing progress and prizes earned.
- You will be automatically enrolled in the right program based on your age or grade in fall.
Family: Select “Adult registering a child.”
- Everyone in family can access account with the same username and password.
- Each member can track progress and earn prizes at his or her own pace.
- Each member is automatically enrolled in the right program based on age and grade in the fall
- Any member can pick up prizes earned without the adult (account creator) present.
- Adults – Your logged activities and reading - INCLUDING reading to your kids – earn you entries in prize drawings!
Group: Select "Register a Class or Group," then choose whether to log as a group, or individually.
If your class is part of an existing outreach program with the Library, contact Outreach Librarian Katie Fauvelle instead of registering online.
Log for whole group at one time
- Account creator is the only person registered, and logs and picks up all prizes earned by the group
- The whole group earns badges at the same time.
- Select a representative age or grade to determine which program your group will follow (Early Lit, Elementary, Teen, or Adult).
- Provide all readers’ names (or add them later) as they will earn prizes at their own speed
- Members can redeem their prizes individually if their names are in our system.