Curbside Hold Pickup
Due to the current disruption to City and Library phone and computer systems:
- Are you here for your scheduled appointment? Call 303-775-9018 when you arrive.
- Need to make an appointment? We recommend you use our Curbside Calendar, or contact us online to request we call you.
- Need to place items on hold? We suggest you use the Library Catalog, or contact us online.
Only able to call us? You may call our one phone line, 303-775-9018, but please understand we will need to take down your name and phone number, and another staff member will return your call shortly to help you with questions, hold requests, or new appointments.
We appreciate your extra patience as we work to keep this efficient service available to you!
About Curbside Hold Pickup
When you are notified that you have items ready for pickup, you can make an appointment to pick up your items curbside.
1. Place up to 25 items on hold online using your Library card.
2. Once items are ready, you will be notified by email, phone call or text.
Only one appointment is needed for all your items. When we prep your curbside order, we will pull all hold items that are ready for you on the day of your appointment.
4. Any time within your hour appointment: pull into a Curbside Hold Pickup parking spot in front of the Library.
5. Call 303-775-9018 during your appointment to let us know you are here.
6. A staff member will bring items to a table out front. Please stay in your car until step 7.
7. Once a staff member has returned inside, you may pick up your items. Enjoy!
Grab Bags for Kids & Teens: Your Next 5 Books
Need help finding what to read next? Love mystery and surprise bags? Fill out the Grab Bag request form to receive a bag of pre-selected kid or teen books that can be checked out and picked up at curbside.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the Library open?
The Lafayette Library facility remains closed to the public at this time.
How do I return my items?
- All items must be returned in the outdoor book drops. Staff will not be accepting returns.
- All returned items will be quarantined for 3-7 days (you may see them marked as "overdue" until checked back in, but no fines will be charged.
The item said "on the shelf" or "available" when I placed my hold. Does that mean I can pick it up?
Not yet! Online holds are a request for an item. When your items are ready, we notify by you by phone, text or email. At that point, make an appointment online using the link in the notification, or call us for an appointment or to check on the status of your holds requests.
How long does it take for my items to be ready after I placed them on hold?
Staff runs holds reports and pulls requested items from the shelf twice per day Monday-Friday. Once your requested item has been pulled, you will receive notice that you may make an appointment for pickup.
How many items can I place on hold?
You may place up to 25 items on hold at a time per account.
How many items can I have checked out at a time?
You may still have up to 100 items checked out at any time.
How will I be notified that my items are ready?
You will be notified based on your expressed preference, either by email or by phone message.
If I have multiple items on hold, must I make multiple appointments for pickup?
That’s up to you. You may wait until all of your requested items are ready for pickup or you may pick them up as they become available.
How long do I have to pick up my items?
Your items will remain on the shelf for seven days from the original email you received that your items were ready for pickup.
Can I send someone else to pick up my items?
Yes. Please contact us online to set pickup permissions on your account or make a note in your appointment reservation.
When are my items due back?
Your due date slip will be included in the package with your items. No overdue fines will be charged.
Can I renew my items?
Items eligible for renewal will be automatically renewed several times. You may also renew online.
Can we request items from other FLC libraries or from Prospector?
Lafayette cardholders may now place holds for items from Lafayette and other FLC libraries; Prospector and Mobius library service is not yet available.
What if I miss my scheduled appointment time?
Your requested items are checked out and bagged on the day of your appointment or the night before. If you will miss a scheduled appointment, you may pick it up the same day before we close. After the day of your appointment, we will try to accomodate you, but you may be asked to schedule pickup on another day. If you miss more than two appointments without making other arrangements your holds privileges may be suspended.
Are librarians available to help me with questions or recommendations?
Yes. Please email us. We’ll return your message as soon as we are able.
May I walk or bike to pick up my holds?
Curbside Hold Pickup is set up to best serve drive-up customers. Nevertheless, let us know if you’ll need to make other arrangements.