eBooks, Audiobooks, Video
Borrow ebooks, audio, and video using Overdrive or Libby!
Use the free Libby app (made by Overdrive) or the original Overdrive app, or read, watch or listen to content right on your desktop computer via the Front Range Downloadable Library (the items are also visible and able to be borrowed in the Library's main catalog). Anything borrowed via the apps will also show up with your physical checkouts in your main online Library account.
Which app should I use?
Both apps offer the same content. The original Overdrive app has a few more features, but Libby (also made by Overdrive) is newer, and has a differently designed, simple interface that emphasizes ease of downloading, navigating and browsing. It also allows you to more easily manage downloads from different library accounts in one place.
If you have a newer smartphone, tablet, Kindle Fire, or newer computer, give Libby a try! If you have an ereader like a Nook or a Kindle Paperwhite, use an older computer, or want additional features like a wishlist or additional language support, try the original Overdrive.
Libby (by Overdrive)
- Simple interface, and easy browsing across libraries, easy download process, easy synching across devices
- Supports devices running iOS 9+, Android 4.4+, Windows 10 (desktops/tablets/mobile)
- Go to Google Play, Amazon Appstore, or iTunes: download Libby, and follow the prompts to link it to your library account!
- Intro to Libby/Download Libby
- Libby Help/FAQs
- Continues to support all new mobile devices and tablets, but also supports an array of older ereaders like Kindles and Nooks and old and new PCs
- If you have a smartphone, tablet, or Kindle Fire, simply download the app from Google Play, Amazon Appstore, or iTunes, and follow prompts to access the Lafayette, Front Range Downloadable Library with your Lafayette, Colorado Library card.
- Other devices: Overdrive Device Help
- Overdrive Help