Sign Permit Information
The city recognizes that signs are a necessary means of visual communication for businesses to identify themselves. The municipal code intends to provide a reasonable balance between the right of an individual business and the right of the public to be protected against the visual discord that results from the unrestricted proliferation of signs. Please see Section 26-21 of the municipal code for the complete sign regulations.
- A sign permit is required for all permanent and temporary signage including banners and sidewalk signs. Download the application.
- A temporary outdoor sales / display permit is required for all temporary outdoor sales, storage, or display of merchandise.
- Submit permit application to the Community Development Department located on the second floor of the Lafayette City Hall building at 1290 South Public Road. Permits can also be faxed to 303-665-2153
- Outdoor sales, storage, or display permit - $75 Fee
- Permanent sign permit – See fee schedule
- Sidewalk sign – No fee
- Temporary sign permit - $25 Fee
Information on Types of Signage
For questions regarding temporary banner signs, sidewalk signs, or outside sales, storage and display of merchandise, please contact Dana Maher or Duncan Miller at 303-661-1268 or Email.
For questions regarding permanent signs, please contact Jon Hoffman at 303-661-1263 or Email.