Contractor License Information
The city requires all contractors doing construction work within the city limits and being compensated for that work to be licensed. Licenses are good for one year from the day your license is issued.
How to Register - Online or In Person
- Go to the City of Lafayette’s Online Action Center
- Upload a PDF copy of your General Liability Insurance Certificate and your Workman’s Compensation Insurance Certificate (if applicable)
- Electrical Contractors and Plumbing Contractors upload a PDF copy of your State License
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email with a link for an online payment.
- Online payment with Visa or MasterCard credit card only.
- Fill out the Contractor License Application.
- Attach copy of your General Liability Insurance Certificate and your Workman’s Compensation Insurance Certificate (if applicable).
- Fill out a Lawful Presence Affidavit, including a copy of your driver’s license or ID.
- Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 303-665-2153 or mailed/dropped off at the Building Department:
1290 S. Public Rd.
Lafayette, CO 80026
- Payment can be with cash, check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
Renew your Contractor License online at the Online Action Center or follow the procedure for registering in person.
Contact the Building Department at 303-661-1270 or Email, if you have any questions.
Types of Licenses & Fees