Building Handouts, Checklists and Applications
Below are various applications, checklists, and building handouts that may you need for your building project.
- Building Permit Application - Use the building permit application for all building projects except sign permits.
- Contractor License Application - Use the contractor license application for all license types. This application is also used for renewing your license.
- Lawful Presence Affidavit - This form must accompany all contractor license applications including if you are renewing your license.
- Mobile Home Plot Plan - This form must accompany the building permit application for a mobile home setup.
- Sign Permit Application - Use this form to apply for a sign permit or a temporary sign/banner permit.
- Temporary Outdoor Sales, Storage, and Display of Merchandise Application - Use this form when applying for outside sales, storage or display of merchandise.
- Utility Service Application - Use this form when applying for water and sewer application for new residential or commercial buildings.
- New Commercial Building Permit Checklist - This form lists the items you need to provide when submitting for a building permit for a new commercial building.
- New Residential Building Permit Checklist - This form lists the items you need to provide when submitting for a new residential building permit.
- Old Town Neighborhood Addition Requirements - This form lists the requirements that must be met in addition to all other building permit requirements for projects in Old Town Residential.
- Roof Code Checklist - Use this handout for information on roofing codes, obtaining a roof permit and related inspections.
- Basement Finish - Use this handout as a guide when drawing up your basement finish plans.
- Deck and Porches - This handout covers requirements for uncovered decks and porches.
- Enclosing Existing Patio Cover - Use this handout when you plan to enclose an existing patio cover.
- Fence Handout - Fences and walls over 3 feet in height require a building permit. Refer to this handout for more fence permit requirements.
- Garage (Detached) - Use this handout as a guide when drawing up your garage plans. Contact the building department at 303-665-5588 to verify setbacks, height restrictions, and lot coverage.
- Old Town Design Resource Book - This booklet offers suggestions, ideas, and a design context for construction in Old Town Lafayette. Use this booklet when designing an addition or an accessory structure. The booklet is also available at: Community Development Department, City Hall, 1290 S. Public Rd.
- Old Town Lafayette Design Criteria Summary - Interested in developing or re-developing in the Lafayette Old Town Residential Neighborhood Overlay District, then review this summary of some of the code sections that were recently adjusted via Ordinance No. 30, Series 2017.
- Patio Covers and Carports - Use this handout when you are applying for a patio cover or carport.
- Re-Roofing - See this handout for more information about reroofing your house.
- Remplazo del Techo de una Casa
- Residential Addition- Use this handout as a resource when planning your addition.
- Setback Information - Use the setback/dimensional standards table to determine your setbacks, height restrictions and lot coverage. Note that developments constructed since 1990 may have alternate setbacks. Please contact the Community Development Department (303-665-5588) to verify your setbacks.