Camps and Clubs at Lafayette Recreation are here for you when the Boulder Valley School District is out of session. We have your solution for classroom downtime with our School's Out Camps, clubs and full summer session day camps.
We design our camps and clubs to be fun, interesting and engaging. Our staff works with kids year round in our Bob Burger After School Enrichment (BASE) program, School's Out Camps, and a variety of clubs. They love to get to know your child and make sure that all kids have a great experience with Lafayette Recreation.
Learn more about our School's Out Camps, Skateboard Camps, Summer Camps and Spring Break Camps by clicking on the links to the left.
Lafayette Recreations Kids' Club!
Fall 2020 Bob Burger Recreation Center (BBRC) Kids’ Club class offering fun, challenge, and physical activity while following all COVID-19 safety guidelines. These classes, offered daily will provide kids a fun transition from school activities. Kids’ Club classes offer a variety of safe, engaging activities including science, Lego, swimming, sports and more. Below is the list of classes to choose from; choose one or more clubs to attend!
BBRC Kids’ Club Classes
- Mondays, 4-5pm - Kickball Club, 434400C
Game on! Brush off your kickball skills for a fast paced, fun time playing your favorite playground game. We will play many varieties of this traditional well-loved game. Weather permitting, we will play outside with indoor space available if needed.
- Mondays, 4-5pm - CSI Club, 434400F
Who done it? Combining science and good old detective work…we will work each week to solve the crime that was committed within the walls of the BBRC.
- Tuesdays, 4-5pm - Chess Club, 434400E
Come learn and play the game of minds and strategy. Learn all the moves and engage in tournament style play as well as individual matches. Be ready to say Checkmate!
- Wednesdays, 3:50-4:50pm - Swim Club, 434400A
Did you miss swimming this past summer? We have you covered! Join us for some swimming fun in the lazy river, play pool and slides.
- Thursdays, 4-5pm - Lego Club, 434400B
If you build it…. they will have fun! Children will navigate through the awesome world of Legos- testing their building skills, being creative and exploring different Lego worlds such as Harry Potter, Star Wars and much more.
- Fridays, 4-5pm - Artful Antics, 434400C
Sign up to explore the colorful, creative, wacky world of art. Each week we will explore a different art theme. Things may get messy, so bring your smock!
- BBRC Running Club, 434400G, Mondays, 12-1pm & Wednesdays, 3:30-4:30pm
Let’s get moving! Join a BBRC staff member to learn the fundamentals of running. Engage in relay races, fartlek running, trail running and much more. We will work towards a fun yet small Turkey Trot (distance TBD) at the end of the club. Participants will meet at the BBRC and we will utilize the local trail system, field space and the indoor track.
We will be following all county, state and local COVID-19 safety guidelines including, but not limited to:
- Limited registration – a maximum of 10 children per indoor space.
- Face coverings required to be worn for those 11 and older.
- Physically distanced and outdoor play will be used to enhance the safety of activities.
- Equipment sharing will be limited. All equipment will be sanitized after use.
- Curbside drop off and pick up procedures will be implemented.
- October 26 - November 20
- Each club meets 4 times in a month, with the exception of the BBRC Running Club which meets a total of 8 times in a month.
- Registration is now open.
- With only 10 participants per club, be sure to register as soon as possible.
- Fees: $55R/$65NR per club.
- Questions? Please email Becca Mack.