Art on the Street: See & Respond ~ Call for Artists
SEE the AOTS sculptures & get INSPIRED to RESPOND with your entry !
Art on the Street: See & Respond!
Meet the Artists Reception
October 14, 2016; 6:00—9:00 p.m.
Lafayette Public Library
Join us for live music, art, a poetry reading and wonderful community appreciation! Prizes will be awarded for See & Respond and winner of the Art on the Street, Jean Mellblom People’s Choice Award will be announced.
We will serve hearty appetizers & desserts. Wine and beer will be available.
All art and photo entries due September 29
All poetry entries extended to September 27
- Cash prizes available for 2-D Art, Photography and Poetry inspired by 2016 Art on the Street
- Three age groups: adult, teen and youth
- Limit of two entries per person in any combination of poetry and/or 2D art
- $10 entry fee for each adult submission - Make checks payable to ARTS!Lafayette
- No entry fee for teen and children entries
- Entries must be suitable for all ages and to be on display in a public facility.
- All entries must be submitted on official form delivered according to the directions on the entry form
- Teachers wishing to submit batch entries must contact Susanb@cityoflafayette.com for special instructions.
- All artwork shall be delivered to the Lafayette Public Library at the assigned time on September 29, with an official entry form
- Selected art will be on display in the library gallery during the See & Respond show in October 1 - November 30, 2016
- Selected art must be framed or wrapped canvas with a wire on the back in order to accommodate the hanging system
- Youth work must be framed with a hanging wire on the back, or fit in 8"x10" or 11"x14" size frame.
- Poems may not exceed 2 pages
- Poems should be in a standard 10pt or 12pt font
- Two printed copies, one with no authors name, should be mailed by September 27, with the entry form to:
- Cultural Resources; City of Lafayette, 1290 South Public Road; Lafayette, CO 80026
- Selected poetry will be on display in the library gallery during the See & Respond show in September and October.
Contact Susan Booker for special instructions for submitting student work.