Applying for a City Job
How Do I Find Out About City of Lafayette Jobs?
- Visit the Job Opportunities section of our website to browse job listings, job descriptions, and salary information.
- Job vacancies are also posted in the Human Resources office at City Hall, 1290 S. Public Road, Lafayette 80026.
- Subscribe to our job posting notifications to be automatically alerted about the latest career opportunities.
How Do I Apply?
Once you have located an interesting job opening, you may apply online or submit a paper application.
- A City of Lafayette application for employment is required. Resumes are accepted in addition to the application, but may not act as a substitute.
- Complete a separate application for each job opening.
- Be aware that we only accept applications during the announced recruiting period; please check the application deadline. Job openings listed as "continuous" have a deadline of December 31 and may close any time prior.
- All statements on the application for employment must be true and complete. Falsification or omission of information provided on the application or resume will disqualify anyone from further consideration for employment, and may result in a dismissal if discovered at a later date.
City of Lafayette provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.