Starkey Building Rules and Regulations
In consideration of permission to use said facilities, the undersigned jointly and severally agrees to all terms set forth in this permit.
- This reservation permit pertains only to the Starkey Building itself. Reservations of the Festival Plaza grounds, including the Starkey Building lawn, must be made separately.
- The Starkey Building is open to individuals and non-city organizations during regular business hours, 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Private meetings and events outside regular business hours may be allowed with permission of the Director of Arts and Cultural Resources.
- The City of Lafayette and Lafayette Chamber of Commerce have priority over other scheduled requests and may use the Starkey Building on a regular basis throughout the year. This includes city boards, committees and commissions.
- Non-city organizations may reserve the Starkey Building for a fee of $25 per use. The Starkey Building usage fee may be waived by the Director of Arts and Cultural Resources.
- A $100 refundable damage deposit is required for all events at which alcohol will be served. Damages resulting from the use of the Starkey Building over and above the damage deposit will be charged to the individual or group.
- Requests by an individual and/or organization to allow the consumption and/or sale of alcoholic beverages at the Starkey Building must be reviewed and approved by the Director of Arts and Cultural Resources. Organizations planning on selling alcohol to the public at an event must be a nonprofit recognized by the state. Applications for a special event liquor license for a public event must be submitted to the City Clerk's Office 45 days prior to the event.
- The city requires an insurance rider naming the city as an additional insured party for events/meeting during which the public is invited to participate or alcohol or catered food is served; other events may require insurance at the city's discretion.
- Organizations and individuals reserving the Starkey Building are expected to leave the building as they found it.
- The City of Lafayette is not responsible for any personal items or personal equipment left in the building during or after an event.
- All meetings must be kept open to city staff.
- The City of Lafayette reserves the right to refuse the use of the Starkey Building meeting room or to discontinue the use of the Starkey Building by any group.
- The City of Lafayette reserves the right to take photographs of events for its own records and for future promotional materials.
- No commercial or private advertising or signage shall be allowed unless approved by the City of Lafayette as part of a community event.
- Starkey Building reservations are not transferable to other parties without the approval of the City of Lafayette.
- Permission to use the Starkey Building does not imply endorsement by the City of Lafayette of the viewpoints expressed by the persons or organizations using the rooms.
Reservation Permit will be emailed when your application is approved. Allow two weeks for processing.