July 30, 2018
Drop in anytime between 6:00-8:00pm.
Lafayette Public Library - lower meeting room
775 W. Baseline Rd.
Lafayette, CO 80026
Seventeen Lafayette residents and business owners (Friends of Public Road Working Group) have been working with an outside transportation consultant to prepare a corridor plan for Public Road. This diverse working group was selected based on an application process that took place in February 2018. The group has been meeting monthly with the consultant to help establish a plan intended to;
Public Road Strategic Corridor Plan - Open House
Monday, July 30, 2018
Members of the public are invited to attend the Public Road Strategic Corridor Plan Open House anytime between 6:00 and 8:00pm to review the corridor data, ask questions about the plan, and provide input on the working group's strategic plan.
1) address aging infrastructure/traffic signals in the corridor that need to be replaced or upgraded
2) facilitate safe travel and access by people using all modes of transportation – walking, biking, accessing transit, and driving and
3) accommodate existing land uses in the corridor while keeping in mind future land use changes anticipated in the LURA Downtown Vision Plan.
Members of the public are invited to attend the Open House anytime between 6:00 and 8:00pm to review the corridor data, ask questions about the plan, and provide input on the working group strategic plan.
The following six (6) video clips outline essential information on existing conditions that have provided direction to the working group to prepare the plan. Residents are encouraged to watch these videos to help provide context for the project.
• Why a corridor plan? https://youtu.be/b-vdU2mxkBU
• Friends of Public Road Citizen Working Group https://youtu.be/Gur6C1THM3k
• Current traffic control along Public Road https://youtu.be/Uk-JUEYthaY
• South Public Road traffic data collection https://youtu.be/vSHSciT3nw4
• Local vs. through traffic data collection https://youtu.be/QaLlJGVFuNw
• Safety and crossing data https://youtu.be/zhDkGKRII3A
To learn more about the project and the Friends of Public Road Working Group, please visit www.cityoflafayette.com/PublicRoadPlan . Exhibits presented at the Open House will be available on the project webpage after July 31 for community members unable to attend the July 30 Open House.