Need help preparing and filing your taxes? Every year qualified AARP volunteers are available to help prepare and electronically file taxes by appointment, at no charge. Appointments are required; spaces fill quickly.
2019 Schedule: Wednesdays, 10:30 am - 4:30 pm from February 6-April 10
Location: Lafayette Public Library, Lower Level Meeting Room
- New this year: participants need to fill out Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet
- Make your appointment online at http://cotaxaide.org/appt . If you do not have online access, you may contact Library staff at 303-661-1163, or 303-665-5200 (option 2) or stop by the upper level Adult Services desk.
- What to Bring:
- Photo ID (required) Social Security Cards for anyone listed on the tax return (required)
- All income statements (W2, 1099s, SSAs, Brokerage Statements, etc.)
- Medical information including insurance information. Information for deductions (mortgage interest, property tax, gifts to charities, etc.)
- Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet (available in the lobby)
For more information, including tax form availability and IRS service locations, visit our Tax Information page.