Older Adult Resource Quick List to Refer to During Covid 19 Closure
MEALS, GROCERY SHOPPING, PICKUP AND DELIVERY SERVICES
OLDER ADULT SPECIAL SHOPPING HOURS AT LOCAL AREA STORES
• King Soopers has special shopping hours for older adults M, W, F, 7-8a.
• Walmart special hours are Tu, 6-7a.
• Alfalfa’s/Whole Foods special hours are 1 hour prior to opening.
• Safeway & Albertson’s are Tu, Th, 7-8a.
• Target is 1st hour of opening on W.
• Natural Grocers’ special shopping hours are Sunday 9-10am and Wednesday 8-9am
ONLINE SHOPPING OPTIONS
These are experiencing high demand and may be intermittently unavailable or may not have all the items you need. Keep checking back if you are unsuccessful the first time.
- King Soopers - King Soopers offers online shopping with options for self-pickup (currently free) or delivery ($9.95). Visit www.kingsoopers.com , create an account and make sure to select the correct pickup location at the top of the webpage. Digital coupons available online, too. Please note that due to high demand, online orders and delivery may be limited and scheduled several days out.
- Walmart - Broomfield Walmart offers online shopping with pickup or delivery options. Visit www.grocery.walmart.com to create an account. Make sure to select the correct pickup location at the top left of the webpage.
- Instacart - Instacart costs $7.99 for one-hour delivery or $5.99 for two-hour or more delivery (you can select one-hour time windows), though the price can increase at particularly busy times. For free two-hour delivery on orders $35+, you can pay a $149 yearly membership. A tip gets added on automatically. You have to sign up and order online at www.instacart.com. Instacart serves King Soopers, Sprouts, Vitamin Cottage, Costco, Sam’s Club, Safeway and Petco in this area.
FREE GROCERY DELIVERY SERVICES
GROCERY SOURCES FOR INCOME QUALIFIED RESIDENTS
- Sister Carmen- For those who get groceries from Sister Carmen, they have switched from a shopping model to preparing pre-packaged food boxes available on their normal days and time. Call 303-665-4342.
- Community Food Share/Elder Share - Community Food Share & Elder Share is another free food pantry/grocery warehouse for income qualified residents. They have switched from a shopping model to preparing pre-packaged food boxes. Call 303-652-3663.
CARRYOUT FOOD AND MEAL DELIVERY
- Meals On Wheels - Coal Creek MoW delivers hot meals and occasional “blizzard bags” full of groceries and household essentials. Cost is on a sliding scale. Call 303-665-0566 to request services. www.coalcreekmow.org *As of 3/16, the congregate meal site at Josephine Commons is closed. They are providing deliveries only at this time.
- Mom’s Meals- Mom’s Meals is a government/insurance subsidized prepared meal service program offering nine different health condition menus, https://www.momsmeals.com / 1-877-508-6667. You might qualify for government or health plan assistance and have Mom’s Meals delivered at little or no cost to you. Call BCAAA at 303-441-1617 to determine if you qualify or check with your health plan. You can also self-pay and receive meals at an affordable cost.
- Uber Eats – No-Contact Delivery | www.ubereats.com
Browse nearby restaurants that deliver. Get fast food, brunch, lunch, dinner, groceries & more. Order food online or in-app.
- DoorDash® - No-Contact Delivery | http://www.DoorDash.com. No Delivery Fees on Your First Order. Search by Cuisines. No Minimum Order Size.
- Senior Planet - https://seniorplanet.org/ Senior Planet created a series of ’Stuck-at-Home Guides’ to walk folks through online grocery shopping, filling prescriptions, online games, and even ballet. Senior Planet also has a Virtual & Phone Tech Helpline. The Colorado Hotline is 303-218-7320. Senior Planet enables older adults and people of all ages to come together and find ways to learn, work, create, and thrive in today’s digital age.
BOULDER COUNTY AREA AGENCY ON AGING
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE BENEFITS
- Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado - BCAAA’s ADRC is still providing assistance by phone for people needing streamlined eligibility determination for public programs. 303-441-1617
- BoCo Housing and Human Services - HHS can provide phone assistance with housing waitlists, applications and some public assistance programs information. 303-441-1000
MEDICAL, DENTAL & MEDICARE RESOURCES
- Dental Aid – Special Offer for Lafayette Older Adults
Louisville Dental Aid is offering $19 dental exams including x-rays to a limited number of older adults by referral only from Lafayette Senior Services. For more information, call or email Dinah Pollard at 303-720-737-4891 or email@example.com .
- Chinook Pharmacy - Chinook Pharmacy does home delivery of prescriptions. 720-458-4887
- Dispatch Health - Dispatch Health does house calls on-demand 7 days a week and works with all major health insurance. 303-500-1518. *As of 3/13/20, they are still able to handle new clients.
- BCAAA Medicare Counseling Program - People approaching their 65th birthday and those already on Medicare can still make an appointment for 1:1 counselling by phone. 303-441-1546
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offering online options to assist taxpayers affected by the suspension of in-person services:
- Via Colorado - VIA is operating as usual, but limiting trips to one person at a time and going outside of their normal service area to make sure people get to medical appointments. Call 303-447-2848.
- Z-Trip - This traditional cab service will transport COVID-19 suspected and confirmed passengers to and from medical facilities for an additional sanitizing fee. Designated vehicles have a protective barrier between the front and back of the vehicle. Visit https://www.ztrip.com/ or call 855-MY-zTrip.
- Access-A-Ride - Access-A-Ride is operating as usual but limiting to scheduling to next day appointments only. Call 303-292-6560 for information.
- Well Connected - Well Connected offers activities, education, support groups and friendly conversation over the phone or online for adults 60 and over.
Winter/Spring Catalog of Programs
Social Call- Well Connected’s Social Call volunteers call registered clients 60 and over for a weekly phone visit. For more information on this program call 877-797-7299 or email Well Connected.
SHORT TERM FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- City of Lafayette Senior Services - If you are age 60 or older and struggling to pay rent, buy groceries or pay utility bills, contact Dinah Pollard, Resource Coordinator, 303-661-1499 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- BCAAA’s Undocu-Relief Fund - Provides financial assistance to undocumented residents experiencing financial hardship. Contact ADRC for more information, 303-441-1617.