leer en español
In late July, the City encountered a cyberattack which disabled the Finance Department’s ability to process bills and utility customers’ ability to pay bills online. These systems are now operational. Customers will be receiving two separate bills, mailed in two separate envelopes; one for the August cycle and one for the September cycle. Utility customers should be aware that this system outage did not affect any water meter readings, and account balances may include two months of usage. Balances on accounts are not past due and late fees are currently being waived in order for customers to catch up on payments. Watch a video detailing this information here:
How do you typically pay your utility bills?
There are four ways to pay your bill.
Credit/debit card autodraft
These customers chose the date their credit/debit cards are automatically drafted (charged) when autodraft was initially set up.
- If your selected payment date fell during the system outage, no draft (charge) was made.
- Your card will be charged the full amount due on your account (which may include two billing cycles) on the next payment date you selected.
- To cancel autodraft, select a new payment date, or update payment information, log onto the online utility portal at cityoflafayette.com/UtilityBilling. The City cannot make these changes for you.
ACH bank autodraft
These customers submitted a completed bank draft form along with a voided check. Payment is processed each month on the bill’s due date, and the balance due is automatically deducted from the customer’s account.
- Your account will be charged for the full amount due (which may include two bills) on the September bill due date.
- To remove enrollment in bank autodraft, the Finance Department must receive your request in writing. You may email email@example.com or mail a letter to City of Lafayette Utility Billing | P.O. Box 250 | Lafayette, CO 80026.
Manual online portal payment
Customers using this method of payment log onto the online bill pay portal every month and manually pay their bill.
- You may log in to view and pay your August and September bills at cityoflafayette.com/UtilityBilling
- Your August bill will be issued before or on Sept. 9. The September bill will be issued on you normal monthly due date (Sept. 9 or 23).
Check payment (either mailed or in person)
These customers may pay via check by mailing payment to (Lafayette Utility Billing | P.O. Box 250 |Lafayette, CO 80026) or by placing payment in the dropbox at City Hall (1290 S. Public Road).
For assistance or additional information, please call the Finance Department 303-665-5588 opt. 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org